BELT DRIVE MOTORS
Are mounted off the back of the boards axle (and in some cases off the front) which then drive a belt around the pulley that adapts to the wheel allowing more ability to change gearing variations to alter the performance or range characteristics depending on the type of wheels and tooth of adapters used. They also provide phenomenal amounts of torque and acceleration thanks to their gearing. They are also louder than Direct Drive Motors, require a little more tuning and maintenance in belt tensions but provide excellent heat dissipation and All Terrain riding ability thanks to the high torque levels.
- Ultimate in Torque & Acceleration
- Excellent Heat Dissipation
- Ideal for All Terrain Ability Riding
- Can be quite loud and noisey
- Require's more tuning of belt tensions
DIRECT DRIVE MOTORS
Are affixed to the boards axle where the wheel mounts onto the side of the motor. They provide super smooth crisp delivery of performance and are the ultimate for everyday cruising or street carving. Direct Drive Motors are virtually maintenance free, plus are extremely efficient and super silent given they produce no loud belt noises and are fast becoming the motor of choice.
- Incredibly Efficient & Smooth
- Very Quiet & Low Sound Output
- Low Maintenance
- Ideal for Cruising and Carving
- Motor clearance on smaller wheels isn't ideal although they do have replaceable protective motor covers to account for this